Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update

So last nite Vince and I pigged out on snacks, first time for me eating cooked food in over 2 weeks. We had bree cheese on seasame crackers white green grapes, chips and a spicy-ass salsa and sum chinese food. My observations are as follows.
The first thing i immediatly noticed was that i was able to eat more without feeling full, in fact the food wasn't satisfying AT ALL, it just felt like cardboard, dead lifeless matter. The taste wasn't that great. Then I began to notice that my awareness was dropping at an alarming rate. I t felt as if everything was slowing down, becoming hazy. It honestly felt like i had just smoked a couple blunts. It confirmed that cooked food is nothing but a drug to dull awareness of one's inherent suffering. Oddly enough i also noticed that my skin was the clearest i've ever seen it almost immediatly after finishing eating.
Now it's the morning after. Skin is still pretty clear. I woke up with a stuffy nose, I have an incredible burning pain in my stomach, i can tell i'm not digesting all this very well. I'm going to do a SWF in about an hour, then i'm going to go back to the milk diet for awhile while i research some new ways to make this raw food diet work for me. I actually have a few new thoughts which are as follows...
I've always had the "back-and-forth" between the wisdom of the orient/ancients and the results of a raw food diet. I would read more on ayurveda and TCM(Traditional Chinese Medicine) and be convinced that herbs and teas are what i need and that i should cook my food, then i'd go back to raw foods and back and forth because i viewed these two as conflicting, however now i believe they are really the same and can be used in conjunction with one another.
I'm the skinny type who has a VERY hard time gaining weight, I get cold rather easily(thus favouring warm weather), my mind has the tendancy toward racing thoughts, worry, doubt, fear, anxiety; I rarely feel grounded, etc. In Ayurveda this would be what's called "Vata dominant" (Look up 3 doshas for info). Vata by nature is dry and cold, thus use of "warming" foods is called for. The reason they say to cook your food is because when you eat "warm" foods it in turn, warms your body and makes digestion easier. Also there are spices, teas and herbs that are used to warm the system and help with digestion such as ginger, pepper(black, white, hot), cayanne, tumeric, etc. They say Milk is great for Vata, but they say raw foods should be avoided.

Okay, so here's the fusion. I used to think that because spices weren't raw or fresh that they could only be used in conjunction with cooked food. HOWEVER, i've found a way around that and i've also found a way around raw vegetables and raw fruits (even though raw fruits don't give me trouble unless they aren't ripe). FERMENTATION. Fermenting foods is purposely aging them so that bacteria is allowed to grow and predigest the food. The ancient chinese and japanese cultures were quite aware of this process and used fermented foods to aid in digestion. SO, if i use foods like cabbage, carrots, and actually pretty much ANY vegetable foods and i ferment them and keep them at room temperature (roughly 70 degrees) then they will be easily digestable and also "warmed". On top of this marvalous discovery i can also use warming herbs still, but FRESH. For example i can cut fresh ginger root into small strips, same with hot peppers, and pretty much any other herb, root or plant, i just need to buy it fresh and ferment it. Thus i'm created predigested plant foods at a warm temperature with warming herbs to maximize digestability. This also gives me alot of perparation variety. I can pretty much use ANY vegetables; i can make sauerkraut, i can buy sheets of Nori(seaweed) and make vegan sushi, make eggless keesh, etc. So through this methodology I can incorporate TCM and Ayurveda into a raw food diet that works for me. I will initially continue with milk and perhaps yogurt but will try to ween myself off it to see if i can live soley off plant food.
Also i'm going to start experimenting with grasses, wheatgrass in particular. The essene gospel itself touts wheatgrass as the best grain for mankind. In modern day it's touted as a potent blood cleanser/alkanalizer/mineralizer. I'm really starting to get excited about growing my own stuff too. I'm imagining growing and taking 1lb of wheatgrass daily along with growing cabbages and other fun vegetable that i can ferment. As for the bacteria I'll either buy capsules of pre-grown bateria or use milk/yogurt just to speed the fermentation and maximize bacterial potency.
I still believe Aajonus Vonderplanitz's theory on bateria. He put forward the idea that bacteria are helpful to your system and that they're essential to detoxification. He says that they're our "clean up crew" that they feed on dead and diseases tissue, thus helping us get rid of the old diseased cells and make new healthy ones with proper nutrition. The only thing is that i don't believe that the massive amounts of fat are really that good for me without any fiber. If it's JUST milk and i don't drink more than i can digest then it's okay, but if i'm using cream and butter like he suggests then i just clog my system up. I also don't agree with raw meat, karmically i don't believe that if i'm searching for eternal LIFE that I should be eating karmic DEATH. Also eggs...just don't seem like a "natural" food. Milk, in nature, is meant to be food. Mothers give it to thier children as thier sole source of food, thus it is a complete food. Eggs are really just a byproduct of an animals reproductive system...i mean it's full of nutrition, but it just doesn't seem to have the "Nurish" energy in it. Plant foods, especially grasses/vegetation really seem to have a "nurishing energy", and fruits seem the ideal food. So i'd like to keep my choices within this range as i'm trying to eat food to nurish and heal my body, so i want to take in nurishing and healing foods. As for nuts and seeds...i may take them in the form of sprouts but never merely as they are. I think it's better to plant seeds and let the plant grow, then perhaps eats some of it's leaves or it's fruit (whatever it can regenerate), but I will still take sprouts if i feel it's necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment