Thursday, March 4, 2010

IMPORTANT UPDATE

It is the morning of the 14th day (2nd or 3rd consecutive with the diet) I am now officially cutting out the chia. I awoke this morning and pulled my 2 liter raw milk out of the fridge to warm up a bit. While waiting I had a bowl movement. It was rather large and felt like many rocks. After excretion there was traces of blood on the BM. This has proven something I once read. Grains and seeds...thier fiber is actually harmful and damaging to the intestine. Fruit and vegetable fibers (including beans) are fine but uncooked grains and seeds (maybe nuts too, not sure) are certainly harmful and the raw ground up chia has caused me to bleed internally, thankfully I don't think it did any REAL damage as if it did i'd prolly be in pain. I am discontining the chia and will likely avoid uncooked grain and seed (and nuts perhaps) by themselves. Surely if the helpful fruit/fiber were mixed or if there were cookd/processed grains it would have helped. The real issue seems to be taking the uncooked, ground up seeds by themself. So my diet will go back to Raw milk and I will begin to use eggs with honey at night. This probably won't start however until Saturday night as I need to purchase the eggs and would like to wait until i run out of milk and just buy in bulk. I'm also looking for trustworthy and affordable sources of organic RIPE and local fruit. Alot of fruit in supermarkets and wholefoods are packed unripe and shipped then left to ripen in the store to extend shelflife. Fruit contains the most nutrition when it is sun ripened and still connected to it's mother tree/vine/plant. If i can find affordable sources it will provide me with the fiber i'll need and i may even get to experiement with fruitarianism again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment