Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Starting of Water Fast

As of October 1st 2009 I will be embarking on a spiritual journey. I will be fasting on water alone for a minimal of 10 days, but really am shooting for 30-40. This fast is going to demonstrate my dominance as spirit, over my flesh. For too long have I played victim to the powerful influence of my bodily urges. Through this spiritual fast I will be reflecting upon many things including the 7 Deadly Sins/8 Tempting Thoughts, Happiness, Freedom/Independance, Death, Ascension, Healing, Lifestyle, etc. During this time I will be spending most of my time outside in the woods where there is plenty of sunlight, water, soil and air. I will be drinking only water bottled in glass (plastic is actually rather toxic); the brand name is "Acqua Panna", its natural spring water bottled in Tuscany, Italy. I chose this because it was the only glass bottled spring water at superfresh and was only $1.79 per 0.75 liters O.o. I will be reading much documentation and writings of monks and spiritual adepts, also I will be praying and meditating daily, focusing my thoughts on love, happiness, praise, thanks and other positive feelings.


I will be taking measurements and photos tommorow so I can take note of any and all changes that occur during this journey. My diet so far has been on and off. The past couple of weeks have been rather bad; lots of meats, sugary foods and fried foods. Today and yesterday i have been eating raw cheese as to pack in some last min. fat and aminos. Tommorow I will be eating fruit only. I am eating fruit so i can get my potassium levels up for cellular hydration and to counter the salt water flush i will be doing to start off this fast. The morning of day 1 I will be doing a salt water flush, then every day after that for the next 7 days i will be doing a daily warm water enema using heated spring water from glass bottles. The enemas should eliminate any waste accumilated in the colon and ease the toxic load so my body can handle it. Upon breaking this fast I will be following a raw lacto-vegetarian diet and pursuing yoga, martial arts and healing arts.


Naturally my daily progress will be documented in my blog. I will probably write either upon awakening or at nite before rest.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tom.
    Good luck on your fast and hope you pull it off.
    Go for 10 days, then push yourself day by day, as i have there is no shame stopping if you cant make your goal.
    I will need some help from you soon on setting up a my web site, i am looking into domain names at the moment and hope you can join me on my vision and become a partner on this venture in the neer future.
    I will be looking to link up with Toms site? let me know what you think?
    Best wishes Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS ON YOUR 1ST DAY,
    I know what you are saying on your 1st post, you have to seperate yourself from the world and focus on Godly things, after day 8-10, dont be surprised if you start getting deeper into your thoughts and feelings of helplessness, there will be feelings of fear the further you go on in your fast but this is the norm and time nearly slows to a halt. these tings will test your "Spirit to the max. My 30 day water fast was no easy journey Tom but i stayed really focused all the way to the end, my nephew couldnt believe i was the same person? Video games will be a distant figmant of your inajination the further you go on in your fast LoL.
    best regards Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tom
    Read your last post, i never took the time to stare into my own eyes lol but know where you are coming from, this is day 3 for you now, so dont be tempted by a sandwich, i was cooking food for my family throught my fast and they allways offered me food to tempt me! i would just laugh it off, they saw that i would not be tempted after 14 days and they realized that what i was doing! was bigger" and better" than having food waved at me lol.
    Stand firm.
    Best regards Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tom.
    Where is day 4-5 LoL, you said you were having pain in your bowel? i felt bloted on day 4 and did take an enema, i really easily managed the first 10 water fast without magor probs, all the symptoms you have but with no pain, apart from slight kidney soarness, and higher back pain, but i walked about 4 mile, so this could have caused my back pain, this is day 5 so let me know how you are?..you are 4 hours behind me so it must be 10.30 ish there now, or email me at keith.mckay.1@hotmail.co.uk do you have windows live?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY TOM
    I have said to you i will be here every step of the way, on your journey,
    I bet you are in the zone of self learning now?
    you will soon feel humble, hear the birds chirp, look at trees in a differant view, even feel the change of the seasons, "HEY" what do i know LoLZ.
    Go as "FAR AS YOU CAN" wish i had the gift of words as you have, maby you should look into what i have said?...LOLZ
    TC best regards Keith.

    ReplyDelete